Wee-Wee Pads for Housebreaking - Please Reconsider
To be fair - the store bought wee-wee pads do:
- Allow less moisture to get to your floors than newspapers since they have a plastic backing.
- Allow your dog to go to the bathroom in your home while you are away (is this an advantage??? - kinda in the "maybe an advantage" category since your dog is going to the bathroom in your home....yuck!)
Top 10 Disadvantages of Wee-Wee Pads
The list of disadvantages is long and includes:
- Train your puppy to go potty inside your home (this is a BIG one!)
- Cost $$ thousands of dollars over the life of your dog
- Require constant purchases
- Horrible for the environment - do not biodegrade
- Are gross to handle
- Allow your dog to step in accidents and track across the home
- Gross to your friends and guests (and you - right?)
- Horrible if you have a baby that is crawling on your floors
- Many dogs never learn the difference between a pad and the carpet because they look so similar.
There are no-doubt many more DIS-advantages but these are the top reasons.
Have you considered fully-housebreaking your dog? There is an option that guarantees to fully potty train your puppy (instead of using wee-wee pads). It is fast and easy. Check out The Housebreaker here.